Need help getting that job posted? Forget a step?
This guide will walk you through, step by step, what you need to do. Feel free to skip ahead to locate a section that will provide you the help needed.
FINDING THE JOB
1) Sign-in as an employer, type a job in the field (shown below), and hit ENTER.
2) The screen will change showing the job(s) that are either an exact match or a close match, based on the job title you typed in (example shown below).
3) Upon selecting the job title and description that fits the position you want to post, your screen will change to show a complete description of the position, from compensation to responsibilities (example shown below). If this is the position that you want to continue with, click on "Start Job Post" - if not, just click on the "X" in the upper right to go back to the Step 2 (above).
4) You will now be taken to the page where the majority of changes will need to be made before posting the position. Right now, we will just point out a few of the more important parts of the page. For more detailed information, go to the Jobs Dashboard help article.
As you look over the job posting, you will see many drop downs and areas where you can change text. What's unique about career.place is that we try to anticipate your needs and have information already set for you to go. In those instances where we don't have the information, we give you the ability to easily change the information provided.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Any changes you make are AUTOMATICALLY SAVED. Don't let this scare you, it's easy to change it back. There are SAVE buttons located throughout career.place - feel free to use them for redundancy.
For example, suppose we click on the line below Benefits where it says "none selected".
Clicking on it will launch a window where you can search for the benefits you want, or you can enter your own.
Okay, you can do that with any of the fields that you see on the Jobs Dashboard page, either select from a drop-down menu or overwrite.
Now click on QUALIFY - it is located right next to JOB PROFILE.
THE QUALIFY PAGE
5) It should look something like this:
By clicking on any of these, you can edit the data you want to present to your candidates. Most of these are self-explanatory, but let us explain a few of these a bit further.
The bottom three items are what allow you to not only qualify a candidate, but also ensure that there has been #NoBias in the hiring process.
6) Hard Skills are what you need your candidate to have to function at the position. You can add anything, like "Facebook" or "C++", and you can specify the Proficiency level, from Novice to Expert.
7) Knowledge Quiz is where you can start testing the candidates about their job-related knowledge and expertise. Just follow the instructions on the screen and add questions, set time limits, and even set passing scores.
8) Assessments is where you can screen for the soft skills necessary to be successful on the job at your organization. All jobs have a default set of traits selected based on importance ratings from O*NET. You can modify which traits are assessed based on the unique needs of your organization.
THE HOMEWORK PAGE
9) Clicking on HOMEWORK takes you to an interactive card where you can ask your candidates to show (prove) that they have the knowledge and capability to do the job. Homework allows you to assign questions that the candidates answer and submit to you.
THE INTERVIEW PAGE
10) INTERVIEW is just that - a recorded video interview of the candidate answering questions you ask. You can set a time limit, require attachments, and choose whether to allow the candidate to re-record their response.
12) Click on Post Job, select the Job Boards you use, and off you go. Be sure to check the job on your Jobs Dashboard and watch the candidates flow through the Hiring Funnel.