Compensation is NOT shared with the candidates. Instead, we ask each candidate applying for a job what the minimum compensation requirements they have for the position they are applying for. If the candidate is out of negotiation range, we disqualify the candidate from the job. We never will ask a candidate what they are/were making at their last job (which is illegal to ask in many US states).
For a short video, click here.
To set the compensation for a job:
- During create or edit of a job, click on Criteria
- Click the Compensation tile
- The minimum and maximum salary values will be pre-filled with the national (or state) average according to the Department of Labor of the occupation you selected for the job
- You may modify these values in accordance with your range for the position
- If there is a Bonus or Commission, you can select them by clicking the checkbox and specifying the numeric amount
- Click Save button
Note: For convenience, we provide a graph showing the national and state average salaries for the occupation as guidance. When you define the minimum and maximum, you will see where you stand against the average to help you determine if you are too low or too high for that type of position.