The job is the core of career.place. It is where you define what is important for a candidate to be successful as your hire. This article and the articles related below correspond to the Job Profile. The Job Profile contains the basic elements of the job ad along with the job hiring team you can assign to assist you in objectively reviewing the candidates who apply.
To create a job:
- Start by clicking the Create New Job button
- You will be presented with the Occupation Search screen
- In the Search field, type in the desired Job Title (see Notes below) and press Enter
- A list of closely matching occupations will appear
- Click on a job title you feel best matches what you are looking for
- A pop-up will appear showing the Job Details
- Review the information presented to be sure this is the occupation to use for your job
- Click the Start Job Post button on the bottom of the pop-up
- The Job Profile screen where you can edit the fields to suit your needs
Note: The occupation list used by career.place is sourced from the U.S. Department of Labor O*NET database. That database contains close to 1200 occupations. Sometimes, the job title you are looking for won't be a direct match for the occupations listed when you search. You will see Related Job Titles listed under each occupation. Use those to help determine the right occupation to start with.